Below is a list of a few of the things that really grate on me – pun sort of intended, when it comes to food.
- People asking for their steak well done! It’s not fair on the chef, the people with them, who have to suffer the embarrassment, and it’s not fair on the cow! If you want your meat well done, please stay at home or become a veggie! (This doesn’t include pregnant woman, they are the only exception).
- Raw food diets. Fair enough, there are health benefits and it is believed a whole lot of nutrients are lost during the cooking process. Yes, eat healthy, but why deprive yourself of one of life’s great pleasures (nice food) and go raw. Why do it people!?
- This one is highly personable and perhaps just a touch strange. I hate eating breakfast with people! Now with toast and alike, I can manage, but when it comes to cereal, I cross the line. The crunch, the milk; something about it just gets to me. I’m not going to try and explain this borderline phobia, but there you go, I hate being near people eating cereal! This may be one for my counselor!
- Ice cream in cones. Now for many people, I can see the appeal of a cone; you get to the front of the line and you see a tub or more food, it is very tempting to go with the latter. I haven’t had a cone in years and here’s why; you can’t put it down anywhere, it drips all over your hand, and it just looks like a lot of hassle. And then there’s me, with my sensible tub, able to walk at normal speed with clean hands, not a care in the world. The only thing I see people with a cone is rushing through the ice cream, to try and escape the drip – but THERE IS NO ESCAPE! Barhumbug.
- Obsession with potato. Just a quick one, but for me it is a highly overrated and overused ingredient! Oooh controversial!
- People who won’t eat certain food. They happily chow down on chicken, duck, cow, sheep, turkey and yet serve these very same people a bit of rabbit, or a lovely breast of pigeon and they say ‘oh no, I couldn’t eat that’. Oh, all of sudden you’re fond of animals, all of a sudden you’ve gone all squeamish about eating animals, all of sudden you’re a campaigner for animal welfare!
And there you go, my list of all my food hates.
I hope I haven’t offended anyone, although I have covered a fairly wide range of eating habits – from ice cream cone eaters to potato users (almost the whole of the UK, with the potato one!).
Do you agree with any of these? What are your own food related hates?
Thanks for reading – I feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders!